Powder Coating vs Paint
7 Benefits of Powder Coating that Make it the Better Choice Over Paint.
Paint seems like an old, but trusted and reliable product. It is, for certain situations. However, powder coating is better for all things metal. The benefits of it far outweigh those of paint in this case.
Here are 7 reasons to consider powder coating over paint for gates, architectural elements, outdoor furniture, vehicle rims and more:
- It’s resistant to scratching, chipping, fading and corrosion. Even if exposed to changeable and intense weather, it will last longer than paint with annual, biannual or quarterly cleaning, depending on the kind of metal item it is.
- Powder coating is eco-friendlier than paint because it releases negligible, if any, polluting VOCs into the air. Plus, unused powder can be reclaimed and recycled into a powder coating system with no hazardous waste.
- It’s durable and reputed to last for years – even on rough and tough industrial machinery motorcycles and vehicle rims.
- Sprayed on efficiently, it can save you money.
- Powder coating can save you 30% more in cost than paint.
- If multiple colors are desired for your metal item, we can make color changes quickly.
- You will see a faster turn-around time for your finished powder-coated metal piece than a painted one, because there is a quicker drying time without drips or runs.
Kaiser Ironworks offers powder coating for almost any metal item you can think of. From custom metal fabricated fencing and railings, to light poles and your kids’ bicycles, we can do it. We offer powder coating at our two locations in Phoenix and Tucson.